231 Front Street, Lahaina, HI 96761 info@givingpress.com 808.123.4567

Spurs ‘to lose compensation cash if Poch waits until May to take Toon job ‘

first_imgBruce recently expressed fears that he has only weeks left as Toon boss amid the takeover.The 59-year-old has reportedly been left in the dark by Ashley over what is happening, with the only information passed on that he will be the first to know if and when something happens.Bruce was appointed by Ashley at the start of the season but his arrival was seen as an underwhelming choice to replace Rafa Benitez.most read in footballTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’ExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidNEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by Celtic TOTTENHAM will not get any compensation if Newcastle appoint Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss next month, according to reports. Spurs chief Daniel Levy agreed to keep paying the Argentine’s £8.5million salary until he found a new job after he was axed in November.2 Tottenham will reportedly not get any compensation if Newcastle appoint Mauricio Pochettino as new their boss next monthAccording to the Evening Standard, Spurs are only due a cash sum in compensation if Pochettino takes a new job within six months of his sacking – a date which runs out on May 19.With football on standby due to the coronavirus crisis, the former Spurs boss could potentially take over at St James’ Park after the cut-off date, but still lead the Magpies for the remainder of the Premier League season – including a home match against Spurs.The Toon will have the wealthiest owners in world football once their £300million takeover bid is completed.Since news of the Saudi backers emerged, several managers have been linked with replacing Steve Bruce including Poch, Max Allegri and former Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez.But the new owners are likely to give Bruce until the end of the season to prove he can deliver.With Covid-19 bringing world football to a shuddering halt it seems Tottenham would likely welcome Poch taking a new job to get him off their wage bill.Spurs approached their former manager last week about a potential cut to his gardening leave salary amid the coronavirus pandemic.Despite leading Tottenham to last season’s Champions League final, Poch was dismissed after four-and-a-half years and replaced by Jose Mourinho.He was axed so suddenly that he was forced to leave a note to say goodbye to his players, but a return to the Premier League still appears to be top of his agenda,Spurs are also in talks with Mourinho and his playing squad about a ten per cent drop in wages as the club looks to offset some of the inevitable losses caused by the virus.Mike Ashley is on the verge of selling the Magpies for a knockdown £300million to a Saudi group led by Amanda Staveley.Official paperwork shows the deal is nearing completing with a Saudi Arabia-backed consortium involving Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.Yasir Al-Rumayyan, the head of the Saudi Public Investment Fund, will become the new chairman.The Saudi supremos will own 80 per cent of the club – with Staveley and the Reuben brothers evenly splitting the remaining 20 per cent.Ashley is set to pocket £17million even if the £300million takeover falls through with the Middle East consortium paying that figure as a deposit. The former centre-back has guided the Magpies to 13th in the table and clear of the drop zone but ex-Toon boss Sam Allardyce recently expressed concerns that Bruce could be axed under the new owners.When the takeover is complete, Newcastle will be will have an eye-watering amount of cash to entice football’s world stars to St James’ Park, including PSG superstar Edinson Cavani.However, Hatice Cenzig, fiancee of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi,who was murdered in the country’s embassy in Istanbul, warned the new Magpies takeover would ‘greatly stain’ the Premier League’s image and Britain’s reputation.Her comments came a day after Amnesty International expressed concerns over the Gulf state’s human rights record.England defender Danny Rose delivers hundreds of Domino’s pizzas to NHS staff days after £19k donation to aid coronavirus fightlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *